Go Back   NYCMaximas.org Forums > Classifieds > Vendor/Businesses Feedback > Dealership Experiences > Dealership Review (Buying/Selling)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011   #41
HomerMAC
 
HomerMAC's Avatar

Name: HomerMAC
Title: Senior Member
Status: Offline

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,063
Chats: 2219
Rep Power: 17HomerMAC is on a distinguished road
Re: unexpected issue with the 6sp

THAT PLACE IS A SCAM. The workshop they use next door is even a bigger rip off. There are times I've seen them not changing filters on oil changes (use this example becasue if you skimp on something so basic, then how good can your major work be)?. They work with the few dealers around them and always patch problems up.

Essentially they make it look like new.. and do what it takes to get the car running for a few months. I've seen it first hand. I used to be close with that workshop owner then they screwed mE on my LSD trans rebuild. I NEVER went back and severed relations with them.

The dealers came there and would be like "make it work for now". they always went with the cheapest stuff they can find and replaced it to have it running for a while. Im sorry to hear about the trouble you went through.
BUT buying a used car from a dealer especially is something that should be done with great care. You might find some gems.. but most of the time.. its just fools gold.

I prefer private sales for used cars. And the dif. in price (1-3k) between a private sale and dealer sale some what compensates the mech. work that will arise after owning the car I THINK.

good luck... and its still a nice 540. m-teknic ?
__________________


Yes it is ture.... i30 is the better maxima...

Yes it is true.... The ///M is the better B.M.

Last edited by HomerMAC; 02-06-2011 at 07:47 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #42
maxboy
 
maxboy's Avatar

Name: maxboy
Title: MR AE
Status: Offline

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: BROOKLYN
Posts: 3,703
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 17maxboy will become famous soon enough
Re: unexpected issue with the 6sp

Wow bro. I will never buy a car from those small dealers anymore.

Thanks by the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMAC View Post
THAT PLACE IS A SCAM. The workshop they use next door is even a bigger rip off. There are times I've seen them not changing filters on oil changes (use this example becasue if you skimp on something so basic, then how good can your major work be)?. They work with the few dealers around them and always patch problems up.

Essentially they make it look like new.. and do what it takes to get the car running for a few months. I've seen it first hand. I used to be close with that workshop owner then they screwed mE on my LSD trans rebuild. I NEVER went back and severed relations with them.

The dealers came there and would be like "make it work for now". they always went with the cheapest stuff they can find and replaced it to have it running for a while. Im sorry to hear about the trouble you went through.
BUT buying a used car from a dealer especially is something that should be done with great care. You might find some gems.. but most of the time.. its just fools gold.

I prefer private sales for used cars. And the dif. in price (1-3k) between a private sale and dealer sale some what compensates the mech. work that will arise after owning the car I THINK.

good luck... and its still a nice 540. m-teknic ?
__________________
01 max Ae edition 5sp ( sold ) 98 max se S/C 5sp ( sold ) 00 e39 540i m sport 6sp ( sold ) 06 evo 9 gsr 5sp ( sold ) 10 srt-8 jeep ( current )
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011   #43
OwenMaxima
 
OwenMaxima's Avatar

Name: OwenMaxima
Title: Formerly known as Altima2005
Status: Offline

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,743
Chats: 311
Rep Power: 15OwenMaxima is on a distinguished road
Re: unexpected issue with the 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxboy View Post
whats wrong with it? well i drove 8 hours to OHIO to get it one owner car. with lets just say 60k cause the last time the car was inspected had 52.895 on 11/4/10. paid 2800. dudes here wanted over 3 grand and over 100k.
wow this line made me say something sounds familiar... they sell EJ25s aka the
complete 2.5 turbo subaru engines for 2k with 100K miles too lol... i found it funny how can a subaru engine be that much maybe a bmw but subaru? ..... smh
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011   #44
maxboy
 
maxboy's Avatar

Name: maxboy
Title: MR AE
Status: Offline

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: BROOKLYN
Posts: 3,703
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 17maxboy will become famous soon enough
Re: unexpected issue with the 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwenMaxima View Post
wow this line made me say something sounds familiar... they sell EJ25s aka the
complete 2.5 turbo subaru engines for 2k with 100K miles too lol... i found it funny how can a subaru engine be that much maybe a bmw but subaru? ..... smh
yeah bro. i called like 6 different yards they kept telling me the motor has under 100k.. VIN said a whole diff story.. arent those motors around 2 to 3k price range?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011   #45
OwenMaxima
 
OwenMaxima's Avatar

Name: OwenMaxima
Title: Formerly known as Altima2005
Status: Offline

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,743
Chats: 311
Rep Power: 15OwenMaxima is on a distinguished road
Re: unexpected issue with the 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxboy View Post
yeah bro. i called like 6 different yards they kept telling me the motor has under 100k.. VIN said a whole diff story.. arent those motors around 2 to 3k price range?
damn yea thats why i never see anyone buying used engines in the forums everyone does race internals it comes up being the same price
why spend 2-3k on a 100k used stock motor lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #46
nismo_star
 
nismo_star's Avatar

Name: nismo_star
Title: Tech Author, MaxxTuning Mag
Status: Offline

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cen. NJ, Queens, Farmingdale
Posts: 3,343
Chats: 4450
Rep Power: 21nismo_star will become famous soon enoughnismo_star will become famous soon enough
Re: unexpected issue with the 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwenMaxima View Post
wow this line made me say something sounds familiar... they sell EJ25s aka the
complete 2.5 turbo subaru engines for 2k with 100K miles too lol... i found it funny how can a subaru engine be that much maybe a bmw but subaru? ..... smh
ej25s suck. JDM Ver. 8 FTW, have purchased 04 USDM STi wrecks for... $17xxfor swaps
__________________
If you only knew....
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #47
OwenMaxima
 
OwenMaxima's Avatar

Name: OwenMaxima
Title: Formerly known as Altima2005
Status: Offline

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,743
Chats: 311
Rep Power: 15OwenMaxima is on a distinguished road
Re: unexpected issue with the 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo_star View Post
ej25s suck. JDM Ver. 8 FTW, have purchased 04 USDM STi wrecks for... $17xxfor swaps
you can find other models for like 6k blown motor ones. lol 17k is too damn much for some toy car with a blown heart

and i woulnd't say they suck its about the tuner and the tune even the stock wrx sti tune is bad its optimized for fuel economy= lean.... and usa emission standards... piston 3 usually has the hardest time
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011   #48
nismo_star
 
nismo_star's Avatar

Name: nismo_star
Title: Tech Author, MaxxTuning Mag
Status: Offline

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cen. NJ, Queens, Farmingdale
Posts: 3,343
Chats: 4450
Rep Power: 21nismo_star will become famous soon enoughnismo_star will become famous soon enough
Re: unexpected issue with the 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwenMaxima View Post
you can find other models for like 6k blown motor ones. lol 17k is too damn much for some toy car with a blown heart

and i woulnd't say they suck its about the tuner and the tune even the stock wrx sti tune is bad its optimized for fuel economy= lean.... and usa emission standards... piston 3 usually has the hardest time
17xx = $1700-1800 Bone stock EJ25s tended to die before EJ20s. stock vs stock. forget the factors of tuning by tuner. stock wrx sti program is far from lean, obviously fuel economy and emission standards have nothing to do EJ25s cylinder walls shifting around causing headgasket blow outs at around 70-100k mi. When I've tuned in the past, have produced 550whp+ cars that got 30mpg on 1000cc injectors. Considering 14.7:1 is the target of most OEMs during partial throttle cruising, when I run a car at 16:1, the oems are running richer ? There is nothing wrong with a fuel economy program in an STi. As for calling it lean, at WOT have monitored AFRs in 10s and stabilizing at 11.7 AFR on a Motec PLM, even the onset of boost sees a drop into 12.4 from 13.8 at mid throttle tip in. Far from lean. Not everything read on the forums in true.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011   #49
HomerMAC
 
HomerMAC's Avatar

Name: HomerMAC
Title: Senior Member
Status: Offline

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,063
Chats: 2219
Rep Power: 17HomerMAC is on a distinguished road
Re: unexpected issue with the 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo_star View Post
17xx = $1700-1800 Bone stock EJ25s tended to die before EJ20s. stock vs stock. forget the factors of tuning by tuner. stock wrx sti program is far from lean, ... when I run a car at 16:1, ... 11.7 AFR on a Motec PLM, even the onset of boost sees a drop into 12.4 from 13.8 at mid throttle tip in. Far from lean. Not everything read on the forums in true.
Your also. HOgan... you make 600hp maximas.... lol... I really have to sit down with you and talk about tunning... I have SO much to learn. Peter Luger on me?

  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011   #50
Max_Blazes
 
Max_Blazes's Avatar

Name: Max_Blazes
Title: Is There A Problem??? Solve It...
Status: Offline

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,007
Chats: 4
Rep Power: 16Max_Blazes is on a distinguished road
Re: unexpected issue with the 6sp

what's the update
__________________
1996 Nissan Maxima I,H,E : Sold and Missed
2002 Nissan Maxima Stock
Click the image to open in full size.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011   #51
nismo_star
 
nismo_star's Avatar

Name: nismo_star
Title: Tech Author, MaxxTuning Mag
Status: Offline

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cen. NJ, Queens, Farmingdale
Posts: 3,343
Chats: 4450
Rep Power: 21nismo_star will become famous soon enoughnismo_star will become famous soon enough
Re: unexpected issue with the 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMAC View Post
Your also. HOgan... you make 600hp maximas.... lol... I really have to sit down with you and talk about tunning... I have SO much to learn. Peter Luger on me?

Maximas, lol. fun while it lasted. Tuning, no longer my duty. I'll weld and build engines all day
PL, never a big fan of the place.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011   #52
maxboy
 
maxboy's Avatar

Name: maxboy
Title: MR AE
Status: Offline

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: BROOKLYN
Posts: 3,703
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 17maxboy will become famous soon enough
Re: unexpected issue with the 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Blazes View Post
what's the update
car is currently running fine now i changed the motor a week ago.. im taking the dealer to court ( small complains )...
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:44 PM.

A vBSkinworks Design

 
Powered by vBulletin ®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2021 NYCMaximas.org